George earned his Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine in Austin, TX. He has been a health care professional since 1999, first as a Personal Trainer and Asian Bodyworker and later as a Holistic Health Practitioner and Nutritionist.
As a Licensed Acupuncturist and Herbalist, George has clinical experience treating patients of all ages presenting with autoimmune, digestive, immune, neurological, orthopedic, psychological and reproductive conditions. He utilizes Neoclassical and Shen-Hammer pulse diagnosis, Master Tung’s acupuncture system, sports acupuncture, and corrective exercise to improve patient health.
George has participated in endurance running, swimming and cycling; hypertrophy training; Qi Gong and Tai Chi. His current passion is Capoeira, a Brazilian martial art that encompasses self-defense, acrobatics, music and culture. When he’s not at Capoeira, he’s more than likely doing research, lifting something heavy or catching a movie.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
- Licensed Acupuncturist and Herbalist – Texas & California
- Diplomate in Oriental Medicine – National Certification for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
- Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine
- Licensed Massage Therapist – Texas Department of State Health Services
- Certified Applied Clinical Nutritionist – Texas Chiropractic College
- Certified Holistic Health Practitioner – Mueller College SD, CA
- Certified Consumer Nutritionist – San Diego Mesa College
- Certified Personal Trainer – International Sports Sciences Association
- Certified Fitness Specialist – San Diego Mesa College
- Former AOBTA, NASM IFPA, AFAA